In the past, tennis shoes were only used in professional competitions. These shoes have a sleek, sturdy design that can be worn in everyday wear. So today, tennis shoes have become a popular product, and many people use them.
White is the color that many people choose because it matches many clothes in many different cases. However, after a period of use, the shoes will get dirty and turn yellow, causing them to be unsightly.
Let’s find out how to clean white tennis shoes in the article!
How To Clean White Tennis Shoes
- Wash Machine
- Take advantage of baking soda powder
- Wash with bleach
- Use a specialized solution
Machine washing is the easiest and most time-saving method. However, with this method, you will not be able to clean all the stains on the shoes. So you need to consider carefully, and most of it only works for low-strain shoes.
- Step 1: If you do not have a dedicated shoe washing machine, you should buy a washing bag that fits your shoes. Using a laundry bag will help protect your boots from fraying and protect the washing machine from strong impacts.
- Step 2: Adjust the gentle washing mode and use cold water to avoid the shoes being deformed during the washing process.
- Step 3: Don’t forget to add detergent and bleach if you want your shoes to be cleaner and brighter. However, you need to be careful not to add bleach too soon because it can damage your shoes.
- Step 4: After finishing the washing process, you can leave the shoes to dry in natural conditions. If the weather is wet or you need to use it urgently, you can use a shoe dryer to shorten the time.
Take advantage of baking soda powder
You can take advantage of baking soda is an unorthodox but very effective method of whitening tennis shoes. There are many ways to use this powder, but you can refer to the following steps to apply it to your shoes.
- Step 1: Make a cleaning mixture of baking soda, water, and a little lemon or vinegar. The acid in the lemon or vinegar will react with the baking soda powder to create an effective shoe cleaning effect.
- Step 2: You need to prepare a specialized brush, or if you do not have one, you can replace it with a toothbrush. Use that brush to rub on shoes surface.
- Step 3: Wait for the mixture to dry for about 3-4 hours or until it comes off on its own. The glue that comes off will absorb both dirt and plaque on the shoes.
- Step 4: At this point, you can use another brush or soft towel to wipe away the remaining glue on the shoes.
Wash with bleach
Bleach is a strong cleaning solution and can be corrosive to your shoes. So it’s only really suitable when your shoes are so dirty that other methods can’t clean them. Therefore, you need to pay attention and carefully read the following instructions to wash safely.
- Step 1: Dilute the bleach solution with water.
- Step 2: Use a brush dipped in the mixed solution and rub it directly on the shoes. This will take a lot of your time and effort, but the result will surely satisfy you.
- Step 3: If the plaque is too stubborn, you need to let the rest of the shoe for a while before continuing to scrub the stain.
- Step 4: Scrub the shoes with clean water to remove any remaining stains and bleach.
- Step 5: Blot the shoes dry and let them dry naturally.
Use a specialized solution
Specialized cleaning solutions are highly effective but are expensive. You also need to pay attention to choosing the right cleaning solution for your shoes.
- Step 1: Spray the specialized solution directly on the shoes and spray more on the spots with stains.
- Step 2: Usually, when buying these bottles of cleaning solution, the manufacturer will also include supporting tools. You can use the included brush or toothbrush to scrub around the shoes.
- Step 3: Use a soft cloth or paper to remove excess foam and dirt.
- Step 4: Repeat the above steps until the desired cleanliness is achieved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the tools that assist in cleaning tennis shoes?
- Brush for scrubbing stains on the surface of shoes.
- Detergent or specialized laundry detergent, you can also replace it with laundry detergent. These tools help get rid of odors and bacteria in your shoes.
- Warm water helps the long-standing plaque to come off more easily.
- A soft cloth to absorb water after washing.
- Bleaching pen to erase long-standing or difficult-to-clean stains.
- Sponge makes it easy to control and save on cleaning solution.
2. How to whiten shoelaces?
Shoelaces are often difficult to clean if you don’t know how to do it right. Most shoelaces are made of fabric, and you can use bleach to clean them.
To clean shoes and shoelaces effectively, you need to disassemble the shoelaces and clean them separately. Now you need to dilute the bleach solution and soak the shoelaces in it for about 5 minutes.
Then you can lift the shoelace to test its brightness. If you feel satisfied, you can wash them with regular detergent in the washing machine or by hand. Shoelaces after washing you can dry or let dry naturally.
3. What are the notes when cleaning white tennis shoes?
You can take your shoes to a specialized store for cleaning. However, many people want to save money and want to do this at home.
So you need to pay attention to protecting your hands and make sure you are not allergic to any ingredients in the cleaning solution.
After referring to the detailed article above, you must know how to clean your white tennis shoes, right? Clean your shoes today and let us know your results.
If you found this article useful, please share it with your family and friends to let more people know about it.
Thank you for reading!